You should now know:
- What the difference is between weather and climate.
- That there is a difference between major and minor climate changes.
- That humans can influence the climate.
- What the greenhouse effect is.
And it will mean three things for the ice when the climate becomes warmer:
- The warmer it becomes above 0 degrees, the faster ice will melt.
- There will be more days with temperatures above 0 degrees meaning more days with ice melt.
- Ice will flow faster, which means there will be more calving in areas where it will flow into the sea.
– What can you do to reduce the emission of CO2?
– What can you do to reduce the emission of methane?
Experiment: Find out how fast you can melt an ice cube